When I taught elementary Reading and Writing, I would have loved these books for my classroom. I can easily see several uses, such as teaching genre types and modeling kinds of writing. The regular set (1 copy of each title) parent guide has some useful, though brief, tips for teaching. But if you order the multiple-copy set (5 copies of each title), you get a 120-page teaching guide filled with mini-lessons and graphic organizers. DISCLAIMER: I have not seen the teaching guide, so I'm just going by the description in the Scholastic Catalog.
Here are the details about the sets. If you are interested in ordering, you can stop by the store, or call or email me directly.
Folk & Fairy Tale Easy Readers (includes 1 each of the 15 titles, plus a parent guide) $17.99
Folk & Fairy Tale Easy Readers Multiple-Copy Set (includes 5 each of the 15 titles, plus a teaching guide) $79.99
- The Little Red Hen (Level E)
- The Three Little Pigs (Level F)
- Martina the Cockroach (Level F)
- The Tortoise and the Hare (Level G)
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Level G)
- The Gingerbread Man (Level G)
- Stone Soup (Level G)
- The Ugly Duckling (Level G)
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Level G)
- The Spider and the Beehive (Level G)
- The City Mouse and the Country Mouse (Level H)
- The Elves and the Shoemaker (Level H)
- The Princess and the Pea (Level H)
- The Nightingale (Level I)
- Cinderella (Level I)
Checkout my YouTube video for a first impressions review!